- ALL teams should notify their respective leagues of Cup Play Game assignments when posted.
- Home team should contact Away team at least 3 days prior to game day to confirm directions, Jersey colors, etc.
- SUGGEST that team officials trade cell phone numbers to ensure the ability to communicate on game day.
- Home team of First and Last Games must ensure they are aware of Field Set Up or Take Down responsibilities .
- BOTH TEAMS are responsible for trash detail at their game field. Each team should be equipped with a trash bag to pick up after their game.
- Home team must bring 2-3 Match Quality Inflated Balls to all games.
- Home Team must supply filled out game report.
- Away team must supply their stick on/glue on game day roster generated from the State Cup Excel file.
- Both teams must check for Schedule updates regularly.
- Winning team must call in game results to the AUTOMATED score reporting system BEFORE leaving the field - directions are at the bottom of the game report form and are noted below.
- Red Card Sitouts must be noted on the Game Report AND the Winning Team must be called RED cards into the appropriate State Cup Chairperson prior to leaving the field
AUTOMATED SCORE REPORTING
The VYSA State Cup is now using an automated score reporting system! This new feature is very exciting as the scores, when called in by the WINNING team, will automatically post to the State Cup web page. No longer will there be a lag time in entering scores.
PLEASE NOTE - The automated system does not have the capability of differentiating when a game goes into OT or PKs. We are working with Demosphere to get the capability but we are not there yet. See additional reporting requirement below for games that end in OT or PKs
For ALL games (Regulation, OT and PK), prior to leaving the game field, the WINNING team must -
- Dial 571-730-5995 or 1-866-334-6294.
- When asked, say or enter the pin number of the event, and the code of the game (the code is the game number). Your pin number is 5584.
- You will then be told the division, teams playing, and field location - if this is the correct game, confirm by saying yes.
- When asked, say or enter the score for each team, then confirm.
- You can do more games in the same call, or just say goodbye when done.
Once you hang up, the scores will be automatically posted! This is very exciting for not only VYSA but more importantly for the teams who like to see the scores go up quickly.
For games ending in OT or PKs, please send an email to your Cup Chair noting either the OT designation or, in the case of PKs, the score at the end of regulation and the score at the end of PKs. The Cup Chair will then add this designation to the appropriate game.
For any RED CARD EJECTIONS, it is the responsibility of the WINNING team to email the appropriate State Cup Chair prior to mailing the game report. This information is critical as it is needed by the State Cup Chairs to ensure that the required sit-outs are carried through. The email MUST include the Name of the Team, the Jersey #, and the Name of the Individual receiving the RED card.
ALL teams are still required to mail in their game reports immediately as defined in the Welcome Letter.