State Cup Game Day Reminders/Responsibilities
The following reminders and ideas come from many years of State Cup experience (and a few mistakes along the way…) - Good Luck!
- Once the State Cup Committee posts the schedule for the next weekend of play… if your team has a conflict with a club game, the team manager is responsible for notifying the respective league of the State Cup game conflict. Check with the league on their procedures. The State Cup Committee does not get involved in this notification process.
- The HOME team (whether they are playing on their home field or not) is responsible for contacting the AWAY team at least 3 days prior to game day to confirm directions, jersey colors, etc.
- Contact information for all teams can be found on the State Cup website. However it is recommended that the HOME and AWAY teams verify the best number for contacting each other on game day to ensure the ability to communicate in case of an emergency situation.
- The HOME team of First and Last Games must take care of any Field Set Up or Take Down responsibilities. The “designated” HOME team is ALWAYS the party, whether they are playing on an actual “home” field, at an opponent’s field, or at an alternate facility. Be sure to check the field Setup/Take down listing (Click here) for fields requiring pre/post game attention. We recommend that you always have extra Velcro strips or Cable Ties on hand in case a net needs to be tighten-up. Some extra camping tent stakes can come in handy too if the referee wants the net to be more or less taunt in the back. Your motto has to be – BE PREPARED! Field Setup and Take Down Instructions for those fields requiring HOME TEAM involvement can be found on the State Cup web page under Files for Download.
- BOTH teams are responsible for trash detail at end of their game field. Each team should bring several trash bags with them to every game. DO NOT leave the field without double checking that everything has been picked up. It is not the responsibility of the game after you to pick up your trash.
- The HOME team must bring 2-3 Match Quality Inflated Balls to all games.
- The HOME team must supply the completed Game Report, and have a glue stick or scotch tape available to attach the AWAY team roster.
- The AWAY team must supply their Game Day Roster to attached to the Game Report
- Red Card Sit-outs from the prior week of play must be followed through on and noted on the Game Report - this is the responsibility of the responsible Team Coach and Team Manager. The State Cup Committee will verify that the sit outs have been served via inclusion of the information on the Game Report and the referee signature attesting to the sit-out.
- Both teams must have their player and team official passes and the officially signed State Cup Roster with them at every game. The referee MUST check the player and team official passes and the State Cup Roster during the team check-in prior to start of the game.
- Both team must have a copy of the State Cup Rules available if needed by the referees.
- BOTH teams must check the website for Schedule updates regularly.
- The WINNING team must retrieve the completed and signed game report from the referees prior to departing the field and follow the instructions for mailing at the bottom of the form.
- The WINNING team must call in the game results to the AUTOMATED score reporting system BEFORE leaving the field - directions are at the bottom of the game report form and are noted below. If you do not have your cell phone with you, PLEASE borrow someone else’s and call in the score! Note that the automated system is not set up to record "overtime" or "penalty kicks". If you game includes either, please call the score into the AUTOMATED and then follow-up with an email to your respective State Cup chair with the OT/PK information.
- The WINNING Team is the responsible for emailing any RED CARD ejections to the appropriate State Cup Chair prior to mailing the game report. This information is critical as it is needed by the State Cup Chairs to ensure that the required sit-outs are carried through the following week. The email MUST include the Name of the Team, the Name of the Individual receiving the red card, and the Jersey #, if a player verse a coach.
AUTOMATED SCORE REPORTING
The VYSA State Cup uses an automated score reporting system. Scores are called in by the WINNING team and posted automatically. PLEASE NOTE - The automated system does not have the capability of differentiating when a game goes into OT or PKs. See additional reporting requirement below for games that end in OT or PKs.
For ALL games (Regulation, OT and PK), prior to leaving the game field, the WINNING team must -
- Dial 571-730-5995 or 1-866-334-6294.
- When asked, say or enter the pin number of the event, and the code of the game (the code is the game number). Your pin number is 5584.
- You will then be told the division, teams playing, and field location - if this is the correct game, confirm by saying yes.
- When asked, say or enter the score for each team, then confirm.
- You can do more games in the same call, or just say goodbye when done.
Once you hang up, the scores will be automatically posted! This is a great system for not only VYSA staff but more importantly for the teams who like to see the scores go up quickly.
For games ending in OT or PKs, please send an email to your Cup Chair noting either the OT or PK designation. In the case of PKs, include the score at the end of regulation and the score at the end of PKs. The Cup Chair will then manually add this designation to the appropriate game in the system
ALL WINNING teams are still required to mail in their game reports immediately as defined in the Welcome Letter and on the Game Report itself.