State Cup Semifinal Game Schedule for Saturday, October 29
Congratulations and Welcome to the Semifinals of VYSA State Cup
Please refer to the Final Four letter from the Cup Committee outlining the responsibilities of both the HOME and AWAY Teams for each game in the semifinal round.
The following are key reminders for game day:
1. Traffic along the I-95 corridor is VERY HEAVY on Saturdays in the Fall. Check the traffic conditions before you leave and leave plenty of time for unforseen circumstances.
2. The same can be said for the I-64 corridor and the Tunnels going into and out from Hampton Roads. September and October still see a lot of Beach traffic on Saturdays.
3. In the event of a weather related cancellation, notification will be put up on the State Cup webpage asap. The Cup Chairs will make every effort to contact the affected teams as soon as we are notified.
4. Game reort cards for all teams will be prepared by the Cup Committee and will be picked up and returned to the headquarters tent by the referees. There will be no need to call in a score during the semi-finals. *** NOTE - Please be sure to send your game report data to your respective cup chair person by the COB Wednesday, October 26th deadline (see Final Four letter sent to teams and posted in the Final Four side article).
5. Referees will still check your player and team official passes against your State Cup roster at the field prior to the game. Teams should be prepared for check in with the referees prior to taking the field for warm up.
Be sure to check the Red Card List on the State Cup Web Page. If you have received a Red Card in a previous National Championship Series Event, regardless of what that event was, you are required to serve a Sit Out in the very next National Championship Series game that you participate with.
Failure to serve that required Sit Out has serious consequences for all concerned, as stated the Section II.F of the National Championship Rules:
F. Eligibility Rule Violations - Violations of player or team eligibility rules will result in the forfeiture of any games in which an ineligible team or player has participated. Any coach or team official found to have rostered an ineligible player is, together with the team, ineligible to compete further in State Cup competition in the current seasonal year. Any coach, manager, or official found guilty of knowingly using an ineligible player is not eligible to compete further in National Championship Series competitions in the current and the subsequent seasonal year. The coach is ultimately responsible for verifying player eligibility.
Therefore, check the list carefully. The Cup Committee makes every effort to keep the list correct and up-to-date, but that all depends on the RED CARD being reported correctly and on time. If for whatever reason you received a RED CARD and it does not appear on the list, that in no way removes the obligation of serving the Sit Out.
Finally, RED CARDS given during National Championship Series Events do not carry over to League or other Tournament Events and neither do RED CARDS given in those events carry over to National Championship Events.
Particulars to Know About the Quarterfinal Championship Round of Games in the Virginia State Cup
Especially the Differences Between These Quarterfinal Games and the Previous Rounds
Beginning Saturday, September 24, all divisions of the Fall Virginia State Cup Competition, except for the U16B and U17B divisions, will begin the Quarterfinal Round.
U16 Boys and U17 Boys will enter the Quarterfinal Round on October 1.
Please click 'continue' below, to review important information to help this round of games go smoothly.