The following are key reminders for game day:
1. Traffic along the I-95 corridor is VERY HEAVY on Saturdays in the Fall. Check the traffic conditions before you leave and leave plenty of time for unforseen circumstances.
2. The same can be said for the I-64 corridor and the Tunnels going into and out from Hampton Roads. September and October still see a lot of Beach traffic on Saturdays.
3. In the event of a weather related cancellation, notification will be put up on the State Cup webpage asap. The Cup Chairs will make every effort to contact the affected teams as soon as we are notified.
4. Scores MUST be called in as soon as the game is over. Delays in calling scores into the phone service delay getting the schedule out for the next week.
5. Managers/Points of Contact, regardless of whether the team is a Boys or Girls Team, MUST call the Boys Cup Chair (Bill Cunningham, 757-615-5223) to report a RED CARD received by a player on their team immediately after the game is completed.
6. Finally, don't forget that the Manager/Point of Contact of the HOME Team for the Quarterfinal Matches and the WINNING team of the U16B and U17B matches must retrieve the Game Report from the referees at the end of the match and mail it directly to Bill Cunningham, the Boys Chair. His address is on the game report form.
The Cup Committee hopes that every team and every player will enjoy the competition
this season as we welcome you to Fall 2016 State Cup!